Tuesday, October 19, 2021

October 19--Do What We Do Best

To find out what one is fitted to do, and to secure an opportunity to do it, is the key to happiness.  --John Dewey

    A few years ago, I laid down three overarching goals for my life:
  1. To work only for myself and Spirit, i.e. to be self-employed. Flexibility of schedule is of primary importance to me. I had had enough experience in corporate/office life to know that I really didn't want to participate in that any more. Granted, my tax prep job violates this, but I work basically with two folks I enjoy very much, and it is a temporary gig. I love the work, and the money earned supports my travel adventures.
  2. To live long enough to see the Cubs win the World Series. Done! I feel for the multitude of Cubs fans who didn't make this one. And yes, there IS crying in baseball!
  3. To never wear pantyhose again. So far, so good. 
    I am blessed to be in a stage of life where I get to do just what I'm fitted to do, and yes, that makes me very happy. 
        Leta
 

No comments:

Post a Comment