Tuesday, October 26, 2021

October 26--Less Is More

One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach. One can collect only a few, and they are more beautiful if they are few.  --Anne Morrow Lindbergh

    I've had a lot of stuff in my lifetime. I've moved it from place to place. I've cared for it, cleaned it and often ultimately disposed of it. I'm at the stage of life where I don't want more stuff. I have to REALLY love a thing to bring it into my home. Anything I don't really love does not get to stay. Therefore, as Ms. Lindbergh indicates, I find the less stuff to be more beautiful and more appreciated. 
    To be specific to the quote, I have found in some of my beach time a few perfect sand dollars. I framed three of them, and they are a precious reminder of past vacation fun and the perfect beauty of nature. 
    Adding a joy note: I'm officially a mother-in-law! I couldn't be happier with my new daughter-in-law. She is one "beautiful shell on the beach," priceless, a keeper.
    So much joy in my heart, 
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment