Sunday, October 17, 2021

October 17--Freedom to Enjoy

If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased. 
--Katherine Hepburn

    Ms. Hepburn was a fountain of great one-liners!
    One thing I've learned in the long, wonderful marriage I've enjoyed in this lifetime is that it is a great thing for each partner to have their own interests and pursue them. Then each of us is pleased, and it makes for a much better relationship. 
    I love to do these things, my husband, not so much: 
  • travel, especially internationally
  • golf
  • swim
  • practice Melt and yoga
  • watch baseball and basketball
  • garden
  • write
  • teach
  • go to estate sales
  • work on my "every MLB stadium" quest (six to go)
  • nap
    My husband loves to do these things, me, not so much: 
  • ride a bike long distances
  • camp in a tent
  • play many musical instruments
  • go to concerts
  • collect gadgets
  • follow current events and news
  • research vehicles and technology
    Each of us doing what interests us makes for good conversation, even after 35 years of marriage. I can sum up Ms. Hepburn's quote with this example. I LOVE a beach vacation--sun, sand, ocean, lazing, sunrises, sunsets, pampering--that's heaven to me. My husband says, "I don't get it. It's just a bunch of sand and water." I go on beach vacations without him, and we are both pleased!
    Lovin' life,
        Leta

The National Baseball Hall of Fame
and Museum in Cooperstown, NY. 
Pursuing my love of baseball...

No comments:

Post a Comment