Friday, October 9, 2020

October 9--It Comes and Goes

Perfect tranquility within consists in the good ordering of the mind, the realm of your own. --Marcus Aurelius

    What else do I have that is truly my own other than my mind? All else can be taken from me, possessions, opportunities, relationships, but I get to keep my mind, my consciousness. Thus it behooves me to take good care, good ordering, of this most prized possession. It is with this that I create all the rest of my life's experience. 
    Up to yesterday morning, there was no good ordering of my mind. Waiting to hear whether my heart was functional enough for hip surgery was agonizing. Not only is there the hip pain that I am so ready to move past, but there was the new wrinkle of possible heart issues. There was no "perfect tranquility." I was wound tight, and I expect anyone near me could feel the tension radiating from me. Anger, fear, frustration, impatience--major disorder of my mind.  
    Finally yesterday morning, I received the "all clear" on the heart tests, and surgery is a go for next Wednesday. Upon receiving the word, I could feel an extraordinary amount of pent-up energy release from my body and mind. Order and tranquility were soon restored, helped along by my stylist's gentle care and massaging pedicure chair 😉😉
    Back to peaceful and so grateful,
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment