Wednesday, October 7, 2020

October 7--No Coincidences

Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in this life has a purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences--and all events are blessings given to us to learn from. --Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

    OK. I do believe that there are no coincidences. However, being in the midst of the frustrating "health care" system, I am quite challenged to see the blessing right now. I feel like I'm in quicksand. There's no silence within me at the moment. I know what silence within me feels like, and I miss that easy flow of life. I'm threatening to get "This, too, shall pass" tattooed on my right wrist (to go along with the infinity symbol on my left wrist).  
    I would say that it is fairly easy in hindsight to see the blessing in any event. My mother dying when I was in my early 20s caused me to develop an independence that I would not have had otherwise. My addiction led me to the 12-Step program and has given me a wonder life of recovery. The pandemic and its fallout are causing us to look at and implement new ways of being and living in the world. 
    Working on a new level of consciousness, 
        Leta

    

No comments:

Post a Comment