Saturday, October 17, 2020

October 17--Solitude

Women need solitude in order to find again the true essence of themselves. 
--Anne Morrow Lindbergh

    I am both an introvert and a woman, so I agree wholeheartedly with this quote. I remember when our sons were young that I started the habit of daily writing in the tiny bathroom off our master bedroom. I sat on the floor between the cabinet and the wall and had some quiet time for spiritual readings, prayer and writing. That's where my writing habit formed, using "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron. The family knew I was not to be interrupted, and that Mom would be much more pleasant if given that time of solitude. It was a good example, because I do believe my sons are at least occasional journalers, and they are perfectly fine spending time alone. 
    I love people, and I have many great friends and family members. Yet it is so easy, when among a lot of folks, to fall into gossip and negativity, especially in this unusual year of 2020. We've all had to learn a considerable amount about solitude and how we handle it. Hopefully we've used it to get closer to our true essence and thereby bring more love into our lives and the world. 
    Solitude with a snoozing doggie nearby is best,
        Leta

P.S. Surgery recovery is going great. I successfully did the stairs up and down with a cane yesterday. I'm weaning myself off pain meds. The muscles that felt like rocks in my left buttock for years are no longer rocks. The biggest effort is re-training my brain that I don't need to favor my left side. Glad to be here!


No comments:

Post a Comment