Wednesday, October 21, 2020

October 21--Earth Music

The Earth has its music for those who listen.  --Reginald Vincent Holmes

    This quote is a joyful and comforting thought to me. I believe that our magnificent planet has an intelligence that cares for itself and for all life on it. It knows how to operate without the interference of humans. It goes through cycles much longer than a human life, and it adjusts itself to best care for the life on it. Note that it has continued to be around even though there have been multiple cycles of humans on the planet. That tells me it is doing something right. I am somewhat amused by the idea that we humans could dominate the planet. Our Mother is strong, vibrant, caring and exquisitely beautiful. 
    Earth music... gentle breezes, violent winds, waves crashing, birdsong, squirrel chatter, lion roars, thundering herds, dolphin speak, falling snow, thunder storms, bees buzzing, roaring rivers, waterfalls... I love the photos of earth from outer space. Look at our solar system and the planets found there. What incredible combination of events, elements and timing went into making such a unique and habitable planet such as ours? It is a continual source of awe and wonder for me. I have been blessed to visit many different spots on Mother Earth. I love to watch documentaries about Her. Just our planet alone is an infinite source of adventure and learning. How cool is that!?!?
    Loving our Mother,
        Leta
Roaring Niagara Falls, September 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment