Tuesday, October 6, 2020

October 6--Never Ever

Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset. 
--St. Francis de Sales

    Oh, boy, do I need this today. This afternoon is my cardiologist appointment. I have calmed down considerably, but I could still use more inner peace. Sometimes I have to work really hard at just keeping my mouth shut, not saying anything more than necessary, and this is one of those times. I have a session with my spiritual coach just prior to the appointment, so that will allow me to vent and get into a better emotional and mental space. Results here tomorrow...
    "Never be in a hurry." It seems to me that there are a few billion people that need to hear and apply that. Most of my driving is in a fairly small radius these days. It seems that every time I'm on the streets, I'm in the way of someone in a huge hurry. Even if I'm pressed for time, I remind myself that I'm not in a hurry, and nothing is worth an accident. Since we create time, and we can create as much as we want, there's no need to hurry. Just freaked you out, didn't I? Please read "The Big Leap" by Gay Hendricks. You'll learn about "Einstein time."
    "Even if your whole world seems upset." How prophetic! St. Francis de Sales lived 1567-1622, and his words describe our current situation quite well--the whole world seems upset. In catch-up emails exchanged recently with a friend, we both agreed that we can no longer stomach the news. It's just too much. I reached the "tipping point" when RBG died. My inner peace is more important, vastly so, than knowing the latest bad news. 
    Staying centered in peace is truly a challenge these days, but it is the only way to maintain one's sanity. Our world desperately needs each of us to be a wellspring of peace in order to bring stability to this unfortunate chaos. 
    Working on it,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment