Sunday, October 18, 2020

October 18--Don't Worry, Happy Birthday!

If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.  --Mary Hemingway

    I'm not immune to worrying, being a human. But I do feel like I don't spend a lot of time worrying. It doesn't feel good. That not-good feeling usually pulls me back to my faith and the knowing that ultimately good is all there is. I would say most of my worrying is about my sons, for no particular reason other than the fact that I am their mother and I love them dearly. I am comforted with the wisdom that there is Something that loves them even more than I do, and that's a LOT! I also say that their dad worries enough for both of us. 😉😉
    Today I celebrate my 65th birthday. Having just had hip replacement surgery four days ago, I am extremely glad to be here, and already, to sleep without pain, an extraordinary birthday gift. The first email I saw this morning was from Blue Cross Blue Shield, my health insurer, and it said "Welcome to the Good Life." Duh! I've been there for decades! I have, enjoy and am thankful for all the elements that make up a good life. The intense gratitude I am feeling right now is the best birthday gift ever. 
    Totally blessed,
        Leta

My sweet Barney watching over me


No comments:

Post a Comment