Saturday, October 24, 2020

October 24--Art

When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.  --Ansel Adams

    Each one of us is a magnificent mystery. There are things that we experience that cannot adequately be described in words or images. I've been blessed to have several of these transcendent moments. As I look back on them, each was an interlude of profound silence, both around me and within me, "time stood still" moments.
    One of my favorite things to do when traveling to a new place is to find the art museum. I have been blessed to go to museums all over the world--Rome, Paris, Dublin, Boston, San Diego, Wichita, Seattle, and Chicago, to name a few. Clearly I love seeing different styles and periods of art, but what I truly love is the curious silence within me that takes over when I am in the presence of great art. It is a feeling of awe and wonder, and, yes, contentment. 
    Leta


By Ansel Adams (1902-1984),
creator of stunning black and white photographs


No comments:

Post a Comment