Monday, October 26, 2020

October 26--Fear Weakens

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.  --Max Ehrmann

    I'm not feeling too placid right now. I'm angry and frustrated. Each time the mail arrives with more fear-based campaign crap, I want to scream. I offer this additional quite-relevant quote today:
Confidence in self breeds confidence in others, and fear weakens both the brain that plans and the hand that executes. --Helen Williams
    I listened to former President Obama's rally speech for Joe Biden given last week in Philadelphia. I ended up in tears. I so miss an intelligent President who can speak in complete sentences and who clearly cares about and appreciates ALL Americans. Obama believes in the American people, and his confidence in us is powerful and infectious. It's inspiring. 
    The Republican campaign literature I've seen is entirely based on fear, and noting the quote above, yes, fear weakens. It operates on ignorance and lies. It is corrupt. Nothing good can come of pushing fear, and it makes me sick to see it. Needless to say, I can hardly wait till Election Day is past. 
    Now that I've vented, I shall look to the silence for some peace.
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment