Monday, October 12, 2020

October 12--Innate Powers

With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony, and the deep power of joy, we see into the life of things.  --William Wordsworth

    Until we become quiet, get centered, recognize the harmony underlying all life, we cannot be in relationship or solve problems successfully.  
    I am extremely fond of shows on Netflix about the natural world. Our amazing planet teeming with myriad life forms is a system operating in phenomenal harmony. I am so grateful to the many people who explore places I'll not see in this lifetime, adventurers who enable us to "see into the life of things." Clearly they are sharing their "deep power of joy." 
    Here is a question to play with. What is your word? What one word describes that innate quality that is most meaningful to you? Coincidentally (not), my word is "joy." It is a deep power. When I think of joy, it draws me back to center. It reminds me to be grateful. It reminds me that I am connected to something greater than myself. I know that "the life of things" is ultimately good and more good, despite what appearances may be. 
    Appreciating joy,
        Leta
 

No comments:

Post a Comment