Tuesday, January 9, 2024

January 9--Great Potential

The truth is humbling, terrifying, and often exhilarating. It blows the doors off the hinges and fills the world with fresh air.  --Augusten Burroughs

Miraculous things occur when we leave our reality and move toward our potential.  --Jeffon Seely

    "Our reality" tends to be "I can't" for a multitude of reasons. "Our potential," i.e. "the truth," is that we can express and experience whatever we set our minds to. One of my realities used to be "I can't paint." The truth is that I can paint, and I have created several paintings that I am quite fond of. (This is going to be my dangling-preposition post 😉) 
    It is an act of self-respect to learn, to go for it, to try. Every endeavor may not be a resounding success, but every move toward expressing more of our potential is a win-win for all.
        Leta

The fresh air of central PA


No comments:

Post a Comment