Saturday, January 20, 2024

January 20--Dumb Stuff Happens

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.  --Mark Twain

    Mark Twain had a good understanding of human nature. 
    I had my first injury at pickleball the other day, and I was not even playing! We were setting up the nets, and I was bent over working at the middle section. A piece of metal hit me in the eyebrow. I said "OW!" and continued on my merry assembling way. Soon I noticed that blood was dripping on the floor. What the hell?!?!?! Head wounds bleed a lot, but really--this is a quarter-inch minor scrape. I got myself cleaned up and played for a couple of hours. Now I have a shiner that looks like I have eye shadow on one eye. Fortunately the wound did not prevent me from wearing goggles and swimming. 
    Minor. Goofy. Comical. GEEZ!
        Leta
Just colorful, doesn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment