Saturday, January 6, 2024

January 6--Endless Learning

Watching great people do what you love is a good way to start learning how to do it yourself.  --Amy Poehler

    I started making a list of the things I've learned to do by watching great people:
  • yoga teacher training
  • MELT training
  • 12-Step recovery
  • pickleball
  • painting 
  • crocheting
  • tax work
  • gardening
  • cooking
As I thought about it, don't we learn most everything in life by watching great people--those being parents, mentors, teachers, friends--the "regular" folks of life? This list could become quite long. 
    My younger son left college many years ago saying, "I can learn anything I need to know on the internet." He lives this. My husband has saved us thousands of dollars learning to do stuff himself via web videos and discussion sites. 
    Folks want to be helpful!
        Leta

A great person posted how to do 
this pattern on the internet,
and I learned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment