Tuesday, January 23, 2024

January 23--What's Your Approach?

When we approach with reverence, great things decide to approach us. 
--John O'Donohue

    I like the idea of approaching "with reverence." What if we encountered everyone and everything with reverence? With respect? With an attitude of "we are all in this together, so let's cooperate"? I believe great things would happen then. 
    Reverence implies to me actually paying attention, really seeing what is in front of us, rather than overlooking or taking for granted. People need to be seen and heard, and approaching with reverence encourages that. When I'm walking in nature, reverence comes more easily for me. I'm especially fond of our Mother Earth, plus I'm looking for interesting photo opportunities. Nature is infinitely interesting.
    Reverence to me also includes a "live and let live" attitude. I may not agree with your choices, but they are none of my business. Reverence kills judgmentalism. 
    It's a lovely practice to remind oneself that every step is walking on holy ground.
        Leta

I approach the beach in Jamaica
with extra-deep reverence!

No comments:

Post a Comment