Sunday, January 21, 2024

January 21--Pretend Fun

Love can often be misguided and do as much harm as good, but respect can do only good. It assumes that the other person's stature is as large as one's own, his rights as reasonable, his needs as important.  --Eleanor Roosevelt

    I had a training session on Friday for my first simulated patient (SP) gig at the Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine. We get to be pretend patients with assorted conditions to give the med students practice interacting with real people. Comically enough, in this encounter, I play a patient whose doctor is discussing the uncomfortable subject of too much weight gain. Let's just say that this one won't be a tough acting job for me 😉😉
    This opportunity is WAY "outside my box," and I am so excited to participate. What fun to meet a bunch of aspiring doctors and help them with patient interaction! We do a dry run on Monday, then the actual encounter the following Monday. 
    More to come...
        Leta

Flu shots in London...
does "jab" make it better or worse!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment