Thursday, January 25, 2024

January 25--Plenty of Good Humans

In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit. 
--Anne Frank

    January is still with us and already this year I have been to the dentist twice. There are few places on the planet where I dream of hanging out less than the dentist's office. I'd rather be nearly anywhere else. The first visit was to crown a broken tooth. The second was for a cleaning and check-up, which revealed a cavity that I will be getting fixed in March. Right here with these very words, I am convincing myself that I am GRATEFUL to have an efficient, competent dentist, because (drumroll...) I want to continue to EAT!
    Back to "kind and gentle spirit"... I'm thinking this morning about the melting pot of folks who show up to play pickleball at the West YMCA. The variety of race, ethnicity, age, physical size, capability, dress, and personality is delightful. Some games may not look like "kind and gentle spirits" in action, but that is what is happening. It is lots of folks just having fun, with no agenda or cross to bear (other than "dang, I shoulda had that one!"). 
    Let's multiply good interactions!
        Leta
It's a THING... June 2, 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment