Monday, January 29, 2024

January 28--Everything's Fine

To belittle, you have to be little.  --Kahlil Gibran

    GOOD one! Not much I can add to that. 
    As I write this a day ahead, it is 6:30 Sunday morning, I've been awake since around 4:00 am, and I have been crying for about an hour. I would write it off to soul-rinsing as there has been a pile-up of general life frustrations. One of my favorite acronyms comes to mind: FINE = F%*ked-up, Insecure, Neurotic, Emotional. My weekend plans were ruined by a case of Covid (not me). The debate rages in my head--because I feel fine, how isolated should I be? Part of me says that Covid is simply here to stay, it's not bad, and life has to move on. I don't feel like I have to test every sniffle, especially since I am a person with frequent allergy symptoms. Despite being vaxxed to the max, maybe I'm a bad human to think that way. 
    I'm especially bummed because I had planned a small gathering of golf buds for a soup supper and game night. This was a big deal for me, as it's the first time I've planned to have folks over since we got Barney, and that was four years ago. He is very protective of my husband and me, and he barks at everyone. I had decided to give it a shot. When my husband has folks over, Barney does calm down eventually. Plus I had to invade my husband's kitchen to do some cooking. He was going to be out of town. Oh, well, the best laid plans...
    This, too, shall pass.
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment