Tuesday, January 2, 2024

January 2--Just Be Kind

What I want is so simple I almost can't say it: elementary kindness. 
--Barbara Kingsolver

    One place I would like this to show up in others and myself is driving. Reckless hurrying really is not necessary, with the possible exception of someone giving birth in the car. I am an impatient driver, I know, and I remind myself often that there is no hurry. Please stop running red lights! Also, there are no STOP signs on highway entrance ramps. Elementary kindness means you keep moving, accelerate and merge smoothly into traffic, where elementary kindness has allowed you some space. 
    "Please"    "Thank you"    "Excuse me"    "I'm sorry"  
    Don't be a Karen or a Ken,
        Leta

Mother Nature's kindness is infinite!

No comments:

Post a Comment