Monday, January 22, 2024

January 22--Good? Bad?

Good thoughts and actions can never produce bad results. Bad thoughts and actions can never produce good results.  --James Allen

    I don't know about this one. Oftentimes I think I am being helpful ("good action") and my husband heartily disagrees. Also, many times in my life I have uttered these words, "Sometimes a bad example can be a good thing." "Bad thoughts and actions" can at least teach us how NOT to behave.
    I get the idea, however. The truth always comes out eventually and shines light on every sort of behavior. Motivations become clear. 
    As I continue to ponder this quote, I see that the problem is defining "good" and "bad." We need look no further than our current political landscape to see that these terms are defined very differently by each individual. On a personal level, I consider it a good thing for people to make choices relative to their lives and bodies without the interference of the government. Others consider this a bad thing. 
    Resilience enables us to live with differing opinions.
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment