Tuesday, January 16, 2024

January 16--Where Is Your Happiness?

I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.  --Hunter S. Thompson

    I'm learning this. It has been lifelong learning, but most intense over the past year and a half. For me, for a long, long time, happiness came from THAT direction, and rather suddenly and unexpectedly, it stopped. That was quite disorienting, and it has taken me a bit to redirect myself. That process is ongoing. 
    I believe each of us has within all the resources needed to create happiness, regardless of what is happening "out there." This is not necessarily an easy task, because "out there" likes to have a lot of influence.
    Today is normally the day I would start tax prep work. I did that for eight years. I've let that "mini-career" go, and now in the January-April time frame, I have considerable time to fill. My happiness shall include at least one trip to somewhere warm and plenty of pickleball. 
    Revisiting my 2024 intentions goes along with today's quote: 1) Stay healthy and active. 2) Encourage and allow myself to be a happy human. 
    Onward,
        Leta
By Karin Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment