Monday, May 9, 2022

May 9--Big Little Pleasures

It isn't the big pleasures that count the most; it's making a great deal out of the little ones.  --Jean Webster

    I'm so thankful that I can walk Barney without pain. Before I had my hip replaced, every step hurt.
    My husband and I enjoy relaxing (it's best outside) with a cocktail before dinner to talk about our (usually mostly ordinary) days. 
    Lilies are my favorite flower. I love to cut a few along with assorted greenery and arrange them into a bouquet for my desk. 
    All our married/family life, we have made it a priority to eat supper together at the table each night. Now creating lives of their own, our sons recognize how big that "little" pleasure is. 
    I drive twice a week into farm country to teach yoga and Melt Method at the Clearwater Wellness Center. I love to watch the fields of wheat sprout, grow a bright emerald green, then ripen into "amber waves of grain." It is a reminder of the rich bounty our Earth is continuously providing. 
    Every minute spent with my kids is priceless, even if we are just hanging out and watching a movie. 
    "Ordinary" life is really good!
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment