Thursday, May 19, 2022

May 19--The Precious Adventure

Life is precious as it is. All the elements for your happiness are already here. There is no need to run, strive, search, or struggle. Just be.  --Thich Nhat Hanh

    I'm now in Colorado on a dog-sitting visit while my son and his wife go on a trip. Hang time in Colorado is very precious to me. Barney gets to romp and hang out with his best bud, Dusty. There are lots of walking, sniffing and pooping adventures in our future. 
    I had visions this spring of a summer trip to the southeast to check off more stadiums on my MLB visit-every-stadium quest. That idea poofed away for assorted reasons, slightly but not horribly disappointing. Based on past experience, I had faith that something would work out. Then I had a chat with my niece who said, "Didn't I tell you about the free condo at the beach in Ocean City, Maryland, in June? I have it for a week and I'd love for you to come." "Free condo," "beach" and time with my niece are music to my ears. Plus I did some checking, and after the week at the beach, I can drive south and in three consecutive nights (yes, a scheduling miracle), I can go to a Braves game, a Rays game and a Marlins game in Atlanta, Tampa and Miami. Granted, it's a lot of driving, but all of this falling into place is too precious to pass up. My non-walking dog-sitting time will be devoted to planning this June trip. "There is no need to run, strive, search, or struggle." I feel divinely supported on these solo adventures, and that is indeed very precious. Stay tuned...
    On the road again 🎵🎵
        Leta

Dusty and Barney, buds ready for naptime


No comments:

Post a Comment