Friday, May 13, 2022

May 13--Baseball in Arizona

That is happiness; to be dissolved into something complete and great. 
--Willa Cather

    Say what you will about Major League Baseball, I love it. Enough to have spent small fortunes on two baseball tours, worth every penny. Enough to fly to Phoenix yesterday for the Cubs-Diamondbacks game today, then fly back home tomorrow. Enough to pay way over my usual limit for a hotel room. Enough that my best friends think I'm a little nuts. Little do they know... 😉😉
    Tonight's game will give me 25 of 30 in my MLB stadium quest. My s-i-l gave me the map shown below. It's mounted on the wall by my bed, a constant reminder of great trips completed and adventures yet to be. 
    Until game time tonight (which includes the promise of post-game fireworks, woohoo!!), I get to explore downtown Phoenix. My main mission is to tour the Japanese Friendship Garden. Photos to follow...
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment