Sunday, May 1, 2022

May 1--Spring Kisses

I stuck my head out the window this morning and spring kissed me bang in the face.  --Langston Hughes

    Writing about love for the whole month of April just about wore me out. 😉😉 Now we switch to May and its theme of happiness. 
    I'm really happy to be back in my garden. It suffers badly from lack of attention during tax season, so I've been doing a LOT of weeding. Things are shaping up. This week I cleaned out the last and worst weedy area, loaded Barney in the truck (DOG is my co-pilot), and headed to the garden center for compost and hosta plants. I worked the compost into the soil and planted two large, three medium and three small hostas. 
    There are loads of garden projects awaiting me. It can feel overwhelming. But I remind myself how much I love spring and gardening, one day, one project at a time. I'm so grateful to be alive for another spring. 
    Happy May Day!
        Leta
In my garden--the first peony of spring 😀


No comments:

Post a Comment