Saturday, May 14, 2022

May 14--Friday the 13th in Phoenix

Love the moment, and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries.  --Sister Corita Kent

    WOW, did I prove this quote yesterday. What an outstanding day! I took an Uber to the Japanese Friendship Garden, an oasis of peace in downtown Phoenix. They refer to it as a living art museum, and it surely is. 


    I took another Uber from peace and calm to insanity going to the Arizona Science Center, which was overrun with school kids (nearing the end to the school year). Despite the noise, I enjoyed the place, especially the Earth film at the end of my visit. 
How aluminum cans are recycled--very interesting!
    I don't know if it was the heat or what, but it seemed to me that downtown Phoenix was nearly deserted. In the mile and a half I walked around lunchtime, I saw maybe two dozen folks out. Sure, it was hot, but it was dry, so it was way more comfy than Kansas is at 95 degrees.

Cool downtown artwork
    I had a comfort food lunch at The Kettle Black Kitchen & Pub... mac 'n' cheese (awesome), the best soft pretzel I've ever had, and an ice-cold beer. Does it get any better?

    Then it was back to the hotel for a pre-game nap (even on vacation, yes!) and shower. I can see Chase Field from my hotel window, so it was an easy walk to the game. The stadium is quite cool. The roof was open and the temps were comfortable throughout the game. Alas, once again, upon spending a small fortune to see the Cubs, they lost, 3-4. A bonus treat of the day was the post-game fireworks display. 

The photo proof that I was there 😉😉
    Headed back home, another bucket list item joyfully completed,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment