Saturday, May 28, 2022

May 28--Small Treats

One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats.  --Iris Murdoch

    While "too much of a good thing can be wonderful" (Mae West), I've learned that any sort of bingeing isn't such a great idea for me. Small treats or pleasures keep me in a content state. A key is paying attention to recognize and appreciate life's continuous flow of "small treats":
  • Sunshine
  • Rain
  • Flowers blooming in my garden
  • Barney's belly-up ecstasy over a belly rub
  • Hugs
  • Breath
  • Writing
  • Healthy meals
  • Comfortable bed
  • Good night's sleep
  • Reading
  • Trying something new
  • Travel
  • Prayer
  • Baseball
  • Walking in my neighborhood
  • Talking with a friend
  • Being heard
  • Playing golf
  • Swimming 
  • Massage
  • Pedicure
  • Naps
  • And many more...
    These are all "small treats" in my fairly regular life. Seeing them as treats makes for a much happier life.
        Leta

Belly rub heaven 😉😉

No comments:

Post a Comment