Thursday, May 5, 2022

May 5--GREEN!

Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.  --Karl Barth

    Joy is my word. It is the one word that describes who I am, my essence, and also how I aspire to live. Certainly I am not joyful 100% of the time, but I'm working on it. And when I am joyful, I am most definitely feeling grateful. 
    We are receiving much-needed spring rains this week. Everything around our fair city is greening up, and the leaves are bursting out on the trees and shrubs. Tulips are blooming. There are loads of buds on my iris plants. The lilies and hostas are growing beautifully. I have flowers and herbs awaiting planting. This is a photo from a walk with Barney this past weekend:


    There's nothing especially spectacular about it except that it's mostly GREEN, not the brown and gray dullness of winter. The green vegetation, sunshine, and clear blue sky make my heart sing. 
    Joyful about spring,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment