Saturday, May 7, 2022

May 7--Where Might That Open Door Lead?

Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open. 
--John Barrymore

    My older son called the other evening to thank me (once again) for teaching him and his brother to golf. He had just finished a nine-hole round with new buds from his new job. Joy in Mom's heart! The door I didn't know I left open--at my first job after grad school, I was invited to join the golf league. I said, "I've never played before." The person inviting me said, "You're athletic, you'll do fine." In hindsight, that was a completely ridiculous statement. But the person took me to a par-3 course and rented clubs for me. In 18 holes (par=54), I shot 127 and totally fell in love with the game. I went out the next day and bought clubs. I was hooked. I couldn't wait for the boys to get old enough to teach them to play. Now there is nothing that makes me happier than playing golf with my sons. 
    Keeping doors open,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment