Monday, May 23, 2022

May 23--Headed Home

Nothing is worth more than this day.  --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

    Amen and amen! I've had a lovely stay in Colorado. Barney and I are headed back to Wichita today. We ended up with a beautiful Sunday (yesterday), and I played golf with my younger son. That is one of my very favorite things to do--it truly makes a day priceless. 
    Can I see the value in a rather ordinary day? In a day, like today, where most of it is spent driving? I don't list my long-drive days in my "Top 10 Best." But isn't safe travel pretty darn priceless, too? How about a day I spend doing house-cleaning, my least favorite chore? I've said that if I keeled over when I was cleaning, I'd be pissed for eternity. My grandmother had a heart attack while doing dishes. It was a quick passing and I'm sure she's in eternal bliss. 
    I love the phrase "best day yet!" It's similar to the opening quote. Isn't every day we get to spend here a gift?
        Leta

P. S. "Laughter is carbonated holiness."  --Anne Lamott

A friend's front yard tree, Wichita


No comments:

Post a Comment