Friday, May 20, 2022

May 20--Those I Like and Those I Don't

To like many people spontaneously and without effort is perhaps the greatest of all sources of personal happiness.  --Bertrand Russell

    I do like many people. I am blessed to have many friends and family members who support my happiness in so many ways. They are easy to like, most of the time! But alas, there are a lot of people I don't like. I was going to rattle off a list of those I don't like. But doing so reminded me that those folks do not do anything for my personal happy meter. It's a much more valuable use of my time and mental energy to focus on the people I like. 
    I really try to encounter new people with an attitude of "I'm going to like you." That inspires curiosity to get to know the person better. It is an open-heart, open-door stance. This is not always easy for me, but it is usually quite rewarding. 
    Enjoying Colorado, at least until the snow (yes, snow!) comes tonight,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment