Monday, August 9, 2021

August 9--A Little $$

A woman's best protection is a little money of her own.  --Clare Boothe Luce

    I live by this. I couldn't stand not having some money of my own. My mother never worked outside the home. She was completely dependent financially on my dad, which left her, she believed, trapped in a miserably unhappy relationship. Granted, I've had many opportunities that she did not have, but seeing her situation, I vowed never to let myself get in that position. Fortunately, my marriage and home life are happy ones, and I can use the money of my own for my hobbies, new experiences and travel. I know that there was a time when women could not have money of their own. I am so grateful to be alive in a time that has seen women's rights advance so far. 
    Today I am going to spend a little money of my own shopping with a dear friend for a "mother of the groom" outfit. I am as clueless as they come relative to fashion, so I need someone with me for encouragement. I also need someone to protect me from my own negative thoughts regarding clothes shopping. This outfit is for a very special occasion, and I really can't trust myself to figure it out on my own. I'll keep you posted on the outcome. 
    Bravely shopping,
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment