It seems there are so many institutions attempting to control humanity:
- you must believe a certain way (religion)
- you must vote a certain way (politics)
- you must buy and consume these products (corporations)
- you must use these treatments to cure your ills (western medicine)
- you must recruit others to your beliefs (all of the above)
If we are not careful, we can go on autopilot and just become one of the masses being manipulated. None of the "must" items above is a requirement for a good life, although we are certainly led to believe such is the case. I feel it is an excellent practice to question, question, question. Am I really using my liberty to choose, or am I being led like a "body without spirit"?