Tuesday, August 24, 2021

August 24--Love Big, Live Big

Perhaps loving something is the only starting place there is for making your life your own.  --Alice Koller

    Below is part of the photo included with today's quote in "Daily Joy." If I didn't know better, I would say that is our Barney leaping joyfully into the water. The resemblance is uncanny. However, I do know better, because Barney has had several opportunities to leap into a body of water and will have none of it.
    Even though Barney has been with us going on two years, I still find myself marveling that we have a dog. He's our first pet in this 35-year marriage. He's perfect for us. Our year-long dog-sitting adventure with our son's Golden Retriever in 2018 convinced us that we wanted a critter around permanently. We waited patiently for the right pup to rescue. It brings me joy every day to consider how much love Barney has added to our home. He has kept us laughing and moving throughout the pandemic. We are also learning so much as his personality develops and we become better-trained dog owners. We have definitely made a new life around Barney, and I'm grateful for every minute of it.  
    What a blessing is our ability to love!
        Leta


From "Daily Joy"

Cutest doggie EVER!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment