Monday, August 23, 2021

August 23--Exciting and Infinite

Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities.  Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.  --Gloria Steinem

    I like to dream of warm, sunny beaches and the sound of ocean waves. This practice is calming for me. This leads to making a trip periodically to the tropics. One such trip is currently planned for Jamaica next winter. After many months of very limited or no travel, I am quite excited about this possibility. 
    Everything that has been created, invented, developed, built, manufactured, or installed started out as imagination--thoughts and dreams--in someone's mind. We wouldn't have all the conveniences of modern life had not someone thought "what if...," and excitedly pursued his or her dream. I am so grateful to those folks who have invented things that I didn't even know I needed!
    There's a tendency to think of dreaming as wasted time. Not so! It is those dreams that create a life of wonder and exciting possibilities. Dream on!
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment