Thursday, August 26, 2021

August 26--Forget About It!

Forgetfulness is a form of freedom.  --Kahlil Gibran

    First reading of this quote made me chuckle. I am certain that I have forgotten a LOT, so I ought to be feeling really free. The more I ponder this, the more I note that there are some things that are easy to forget, and others, not so much. And it is the stuff that is more challenging to forget that we really ought to be letting go. 
    Considering my behavior toward others, making amends has enabled considerable forgetting and freedom. Relative to others' behavior toward me, especially early-life family-of-origin stuff, I can't claim that I have forgotten. The best I've been able to accomplish is to remove the emotional charge in remembering. That in itself is a form of freedom. Yes, it happened, but I have the tools and support to handle it and the long-term repercussions. 
    Inner peace is priceless,
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment