Tuesday, August 3, 2021

August 3--Humans Choose

It is the ability to choose which makes us human.  --Madeleine L'Engle

    Although I had been making choices all my life, I didn't really come to understand that I had choices until I entered (and stayed with) a 12-Step program. I believe my earlier choices were based on "what was expected of me," and so they didn't really feel like my choices. I grew up with the understanding that if one's "drug of choice" was within reach, and it usually was, that one must partake. Learning that I actually had a choice in the matter was truly revolutionary--the foundation of recovery from addiction.
    I am grateful every day for the freedom to choose. It is what our human life on earth is based upon. Even if I am faced with an unpleasant but necessary task, I have the choice of a good attitude or a bad attitude. I am blessed to have a wide range of choices in how I spend my time and use my skills. 
    Golf is this morning's choice.
        Leta

MacDonald Golf Course, Wichita


No comments:

Post a Comment