Saturday, August 7, 2021

August 7--Travel--What's the Motivation?

We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls. 
--Anais Nin

    One path this quote can take is the "geographic cure." I sought those in my earlier days, thinking that if I moved there, and had that job, life would be perfectly hunky-dory. Alas, I realized fairly quickly that I was the "common denominator" in all the different places, and maybe I should look at myself relative to my ongoing issues. 
    Some folks are life-long wanderers. They are used to moving frequently, and even thrive on it. Baseball players, military personnel and ministers come to mind. They get plenty of "other states, other lives, other souls." It makes for a life of many rich experiences and relationships. 
    Lastly, folks like me simply love to travel. I love to explore other places on our fabulous planet and experience how other cultures live. I also treasure the occasional beach vacation with 24/7 lazing. Why is it that we can't relax at home the way we can on vacation? Yes, there's always some chore to do at home. Travel provides a break in routine that enables us to be present and relax. 
    From the backroads of Kansas to the Taj Mahal, there are infinite "other states, other lives, other souls" to enjoy!
    Onward,
        Leta
Oh, to be in one of those hammocks! 😉😉

No comments:

Post a Comment