Monday, August 16, 2021

August 16--Be Bold

Freedom lies in being bold.  --Robert Frost

    What is freedom to me? I am able to think as I choose. I can to do what I want, when I want. I have the ability to live my beliefs without having to conform to any particular system, for example, a religion or a political party. I am able to get my needs and most of my wants met. I am able to exercise my free will in a nearly infinite number of ways. 
    It is in the use of freedom that boldness comes in. With free will comes responsibility, so I consider the consequences of my choices and actions. It takes boldness to live by one's beliefs, i.e., "walk the walk." It takes courage to know one's needs and to use whatever means available to get them met. Some folks can't imagine doing what they want when they want--that might displease others or feel too selfish. That is codependency at its finest, and there is no freedom there. Enjoying freedom requires living boldly. 
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment