Sunday, August 29, 2021

August 29--Solitude

In solitude we give passionate attention to our lives, to our memories, to the details around us.  --Virginia Woolf

Musicians must make music, artists must paint, writers must write if they are to be ultimately at peace with themselves.  --Abraham Maslow

    The second quote above was in one of my morning readings. With my main art being writing, I take daily solitude time to pay attention as Ms. Woolf states.  Even away from home I make time for this morning writing ritual. It is a must in order for me to stay in a peaceful state. 
    I've been binge-watching a Netflix show titled "Manifest." I rarely do this, but it's great activity when it's so damn hot outside that I don't want to even open the door. I've had a lot of solitude lately, and it has been a "mixed bag." I see my tendencies toward boredom, procrastination, and numbing out. I learned at an early age to numb out, and it is very nearby and easy-to-get-to place for me. It feels fine in the moment, but does not leave me with any sense of accomplishment. Solitude feels good to me when I am paying attention, engaging in life and appreciating the relationships I enjoy with my loved ones. Solitude gives me the opportunity to recognize how blessed I am. 
        Leta

Alan Seeger Natural Area, PA
The best solitude on Earth 😉😉


No comments:

Post a Comment