Tuesday, August 10, 2021

August 10--That Precious Decision

Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide. 
--Napoleon Bonaparte

    Recognizing that I always have a choice in any circumstance rocked my world, and changed the trajectory of my life several decades ago. That realization enabled me to decide to practice recovery rather than addiction. Clearly, having the ability to decide does not necessarily make things easy. It is, however, the position of personal empowerment, which is what makes it so precious. 
    I've said it many times--no one likes anyone messing with their choices. Even those who allow others to decide for them end up in resentment. We all want to "captain our own ship." A perfect example is the current vaccination opportunity. Some folks would rather die than be vaccinated; others would rather take the chance on the vaccine's protection, and never the two groups shall agree. 
    To follow up--my wedding outfit shopping was a great success, thanks to my dear friend serving as a fashion consultant. Some alterations are needed, but I have time for those. There was a lot of precious decision-making involved. I am especially grateful for the feeling of knowing "yep, this is the one." 
    It is part of being human--the power to decide. Life is incomprehensible without free will. Be glad of it!
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment