Friday, August 20, 2021

August 20--Famous and Rich

The woman who can create her own job is the woman who will win fame and fortune.  --Amelia Earhart

    Well, I'm not so sure about this quote, given that things did not end well for Ms. Earhart. She is at least famous. There are, however, many successful well-known women who created their own jobs--Arianna Huffington, Debbie Fields, Oprah Winfrey, the late Saint Teresa, Mary Kay Ash, Coco Chanel, Julia Child--several examples that come to me this morning. "Create" is the key word here. It takes initiative, courage, perseverance and stamina to build, then manage, a successful organization from the ground up. 
    I have created my own job, but I'm still waiting on fame and fortune. I'm not holding my breath, but I am surely enjoying my life, including my work life. On the bright side, there are no autograph seekers or cameras flashing in my eyes!
    Content!
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment