Friday, August 6, 2021

August 6--AMEN!!!!!!!!!

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.  --Katharine Hepburn

    Truer words were never spoken! My husband is a first-born, and I am essentially an only child (my brothers were well into their teenage years when I came along), so we were trained to be rule-followers. There's nothing wrong with being a rule-follower unless you are missing out on fun. 
    I'm not suggesting willy-nilly, dangerous or criminal breaking of rules. One rule I have broken is "don't jump out of a perfectly good airplane." Another example--on group tours, my travel bud and I are told to rotate bus seats so that we get to meet all the others. However, we like the seats at the back of the bus. So we stay put back there, and everyone else follows the rotating rule, so we still get to meet everyone. We are known as "they are the ones who stay at the back of the bus." Rule-breakers! 
    Rule-breaking requires awareness of choices. Oftentimes we don't even recognize other possibilities. Ask! Question! Be curious! "What if...?" There's more fun to be had...
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment