Thursday, August 5, 2021

August 5--Here and Now

The real happiness of life is to enjoy the present, without any anxious dependence upon the future.  --Lucius Annaeus Seneca

    I have several big events coming up--another week of fun in Colorado, a son's wedding in October, and a trip to Jamaica in December. After more than a year of pandemic shut-in/lock-down time, it is tough to stay in the present. I'm hoping all these events go as planned, but the future could also hold more pandemic woes that shut us down again. It's easy to be anxious about the future, since we've learned that life can change very dramatically in a very short time. 
    Back to now, today... the real happiness of life today includes morning coffee and writing, with my sweet Barney at my side. There will be a W-A-L-K. I may do some errands. I will likely have lunch with my wonderful husband. I most definitely will take a nap, as napping is one of my favorite hobbies. Then there's evening golf. Reading this, sticking with today, makes me happy. "Regular" life is good!
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment