Saturday, May 23, 2020

May 23--"the" or "a"

Say not, "I have found the truth," but rather, "I have found a truth."  --Kahlil Gibran

     Let's face a humbling thought--every single thing we believe as individuals could be complete bullshit. I remind myself of this often. For sure, we'd like to believe that we have the truth. That puts us in the ego-loving "right" or "winning" position. Why do we have so many religions if not because they claim to have the truth?
     I've been watching a series on Netflix featuring Morgan Freeman (dearly love him!) titled "The Story of God." It's a big subject. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ He's looked at such things as creation, evil, heaven and hell, and miracles. He's traveling all over the world to meet with people from various faith traditions to learn and share their beliefs relative to these subjects. The "bottom line" is that there are many different truths.
     Getting off my soapbox before I get too wound up,
            Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment