Sunday, May 17, 2020

May 17--Perfectly Imperfect

Perfection is the willingness to be imperfect.  --Lao-Tzu

     What a relief! If I can just accept myself and all my imperfections and just go with it all, that's perfect!?!?! Great! That's way easier than trying to hit the constantly-moving target of perfection. It's quite simple, that acceptance, but not necessarily easy. It's a daily practice, to be sure, letting go of self-criticism and allowing oneself to just be.
     Going with my willingness to be imperfect, I'm changing the subject. Pandemic stay-at-home isolation is wearing on us, as well as daily reports of much-anticipated future plans being cancelled. It's easy to get bummed out. So I offer this quote from David Ault: "We are as blessed as we are willing to recognize we are."
     We are enjoying a beautiful spring here in Wichita, Kansas. We have a comfy home and garden and neighborhood to live in. We are healthy and active. We have had no trouble getting food or toilet paper. Our families are staying safe and healthy. I hear birdsong each morning as the sun comes up. I have an adorable pup to snuggle and take on walks. We're saving loads of money with considerably less driving and eating out. I have several projects and plenty of reading to occupy me.
     I'm hopeful that this pandemic will evolve us into more loving, caring, appreciative and wise human beings. An easy place to start is each of us counting our blessings daily.
     Blessings abound,
            Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment