Wednesday, May 13, 2020

May 13--Blossom

You are built not to shrink down to less, but to blossom into more. To be more splendid. To be more extraordinary. To use every moment to fill yourself up. 
--Oprah Winfrey

     "Curiosity" is the word that bubbles up for me as I ponder this quote. Curiosity begins at birth and expands us throughout childhood. We need look no further than a young child to see natural drive to learn and fill up with newness. To a child, everything is interesting.
     Maybe those who raised us drained the sense of curiosity out of us. Maybe life's events have jaded us into the "I've-seen-it-all" rut. We do shrink down to less without a sense of wonder.
     I've watched a lot of documentaries on Netflix during this stay-at-home time. I'm fascinated by our magnificent planet, its wildlife, and the prospect of aliens and the theories of how we humans arrived on Earth. I'm truly grateful to have this extra learning time. I've also started a brand new painting project--I'm making a barn quilt. I have travel plans for later in the year that I'm keeping fingers-crossed can proceed. Regarding travel--I rarely go to a vacation destination more than once, because there are too many places on Earth I want to see. I haven't filled myself up yet, and I'm grateful for that. I think it will take many lifetimes!
     Still curious after all these years,
             Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment