Wednesday, May 20, 2020

May 20--Travel

We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.
  --Anais Nin

     This quote offers several paths, pun intended.
     There is actual travel, which I personally find to be one of the most rewarding experiences in my lifetime. My mom planted the "travel bug" in me in my teens, with trips to Rome, Paris, Scandinavia, and Japan. In the past decade, I've been to Italy, Switzerland, Scotland, Ireland, eastern Canada, the Pacific Northwest, Victoria, and many places around the U.S. My mission to see a game in every MLB stadium continues, with seven still to see. I've encountered many wonderful souls along the way, both fellow travelers and locals. There are many more places I hope to visit before my time here ends.
     Another path some travelers take is the "geographic cure." Been there, done that. This is the move to another location in anticipation of that change solving all one's problems. With any luck at all, we soon discover that those problems (and solutions) are within us, and no matter where we move, there we are. Unfortunately, for some, it takes multiple moves before they recognize that there is no such thing as a "geographic cure."
     The last path of travel that I hope to continue forever is the inward journey, learning more about who I am and the resources I have within. The more I learn, the more I appreciate myself and other humans. The more I connect with my true Self, the more I can connect with "other lives, other souls," knowing that we are all one in consciousness.
     Life is an adventure!
          Leta

P.S. The first barn quilt completed:



No comments:

Post a Comment