Monday, May 11, 2020

May 11--More Kindness

Be kind--for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.  --Plato

     I'm soon heading out for a grocery-buying adventure. This is one of my very few outings these days. It's a chance for kindness, so I tend to go overboard being nice, especially to workers. I note that with face masks on, it's hard to see smiles, but they can be seen in the eyes. I'm paying more attention to others.
     I remember grieving after my parents' deaths, and realizing that those folks who didn't know me had no idea how much sorrow and pain I was feeling. It was a great lesson in kindness, for we don't know what another is experiencing, making extra kindness always a worthy plan. We rarely know how our acts can make someone's day or even be life-changing. It takes just as much energy to be rude as it does to be kind, so why not choose kindness?
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment